Ms. Earl J Rivera-Dolera acts as independent arbitrator and tribunal secretary to prominent international arbitrators. Earl has been appointed as arbitrator in various cases with seats of arbitration in India, Singapore and Indonesia, the Philippines, and Hong Kong. She is listed in the Panel of Arbitrators at the AIAC, List of Arbitrators at the HKIAC, and SIAC Panel of Arbitrators (Reserve List).
As tribunal secretary, Earl has sat in numerous jurisdictions in arbitral proceedings (regular, expedited, or emergency arbitration proceedings) seated in Nigeria, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, India, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Germany, and Delaware, United States.
Since joining The Arbitration Chambers in 2012, Earl has managed approximately 160 arbitral proceedings in the chambers, assisting senior arbitrators in a wide variety of disputes. The arbitrations total US$6.2 billion in claims and counterclaims and range from ad hoc to administered proceedings under the auspices of the ICC, SIAC, LCIA, KLRCA, SCMA, AMTAC, HKIAC, VIAC, BANI, CIETAC, ICDR, ICSID.
Notably, Earl was appointed as tribunal secretary in a US$1.6 billion oil and gas dispute seated in Nigeria, and a US$1.4 billion dispute involving fraudulent misrepresentations seated in Singapore.
Earl has also appeared before a coram of three judges of the Singapore Court of Appeal to assist the amicus curiae, Professor Lawrence Boo, in the preparation of brief on subject-matter arbitrability of minority oppression claims in Singapore. The Court of Appeal’s judgment was published in the case of Tomolugen Holdings Ltd and another v Silica Investors Ltd and other appeals  SGCA 57
Educated in the U.S., Singapore, Shanghai (China), and the Philippines, she is a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and the Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution, and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Philippine Institute of Arbitrators.
She is also an ad hoc legal consultant of the Embassy of the Philippines and the Philippine Trade and Investment Center in Singapore (pro-bono), a visiting lecturer at the Ateneo de Manila School of Government and at the Ateneo de Manila Law School, and a regular lecturer for the Philippines’ Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for lawyers. She had assisted in convening student moots for the International Commercial Arbitration course at the National University of Singapore and had held workshops on advocacy in international arbitration in Japan and in the Philippines.
She is a qualified lawyer in New York and the Philippines. Earl was a Justice’s Law Clerk (court attorney), a government litigator, and a professor of law in the Philippines.
She completed an LL.M. degree specializing in International Economic Law, Business and Policy at Stanford Law School (SLS) (United States) where she was a Salzburg-Cutler Fellow for International Law (Washington, DC), Jean Monnet Research Fellow for European Union Law (on Investor-State Arbitration), and a Member of the Committee of International Experts (Arbitration; Dispute Resolution) for the China Guiding Cases Project and the Belt and Road Initiative. She has acted as co-coach for the SLS team for the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
With Professor Boo, she had contributed the arbitration chapter of the Singapore Academy of Laws’ Annual Review of Singapore Cases from 2012 to 2016. She has also co-authored the Halsbury's Laws of Singapore: Arbitration, published in March 2018.
- Junior Resident, The Arbitration Chambers (2014–)
- Tribunal Law Clerk, The Arbitration Chambers (2012–2018)
- Legal Executive, Ari Goh and Partners, Singapore
- Public Attorney, Public Attorney’s Office, Philippines
- Justice’s Law Clerk / Chief of Staff, Court of Appeals, Philippines
- Visiting Lecturer, Ateneo de Manila School of Government, Philippines (in collaboration with the University for Peace, Costa Rica)
- Visiting Lecturer, Ateneo de Manila Law School, Philippines
- Lecturer, Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers, Philippines
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan), Philippines
- Panel of Arbitrators, Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC, formerly KLRCA)
- Panel of Arbitrators (Reserve List), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- List of Arbitrators, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (FSIArb)
- Fellow, Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AIADR)
- Member, Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Member, Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (PIArb)
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP)
- Member, Young SIAC (YSIAC)
- Member, Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- Member, Young Institute for Transnational Arbitration (Young ITA)
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- LL.M., International Economic Law, Business and Policy, Stanford Law School (United States) (2018)
- Accelerated Route to Fellowship, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2016)
- LL.M., International Business Law, National University of Singapore (with East China University of Political Science and Law) (2012)
- LL.B., Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan), Philippines (JD equivalent) (2004)
- BSc, Legal Management, Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines (1999)
- New York State, United States (2019) (pending admission ceremonies)
- Philippines (2005)
- Solicitor, England and Wales (candidate)
- Co-author with Professor Lawrence Boo, Halsbury's Laws of Singapore Volume 1(2) – Arbitration, Lexis Nexis, 2017 Re-issue, March 2018
- Co-author with Dean Antonio La Viña (Philippines), “Specific Concerns for Less Developed Nation States and Small Island Nations”, Dispute Resolution and Climate Change, The Paris Agreement and Beyond, International Chamber of Commerce, edited by Wendy Miles, QC (London), June 2017
- Co-author with Professor Lawrence Boo, chapter on arbitration, Singapore Annual Review, for years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, reviewing arbitration-related cases decided by the Supreme Court of Singapore
- Author, commentary on Tomolugen Holdings Ltd and Another v Silica Investors Ltd and other Appeals  SGCA 57, relating to subject-matter arbitrability and public policy of Singapore, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, December 2015
(presented in conferences by Professor Lawrence Boo)
- Co-writer, Singapore Academy of Law’s Annual Review Conference 2016, Arbitration, Singapore (2016), tracking developments on Singapore law on arbitration
- Co-writer, “Developments in Singapore Arbitration Law” for the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb), (for the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016)
- Co-writer, “Existing Use of Arbitration in Resolving Climate Change-Related Disputes”, Climate Change Related Disputes: A Role for International Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, at the Conference of Parties (COP21) in Paris, France (2015)
- Co-writer, “Courts and Arbitration Proceedings”, before the Registrars and Assistant Registrars of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2014)
- Co-writer, “Third Parties in Arbitration”, for the Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration Conference (2013)
- Co-writer, “Degree of Court Intervention in Arbitration”, for the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators Conference (2013)
Speaking / Lecture Engagements
- Speaker, Workshop on “Advocacy in International Arbitration”, with the Young Japan Association of Arbitrators, Tokyo, Japan (October 2019)
- Guest Speaker, Testimonial Dinner for Young Lawyers, Philippines (August 2019)
- Workshop on “Advocacy in International Arbitration”, for in-house legal team of publicly listed company in Manila, Philippines (July 2019)
- Workshop on “International Arbitration in Singapore”, for in-house legal team of publicly listed company in Tokyo, Japan (June 2019)
- Speaker, “Various Processes of Administered Arbitral Proceedings”, for a technology company in Palo Alto, California, USA (2018)
- Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers, Philippines (2014–present)
- Visiting Lecturer, “International Commercial Arbitration”, Ateneo de Manila Law School (2016)
- Visiting Lecturer, “Climate Change Justice and International Arbitration”, Ateneo de Manila University School of Government (in collaboration with University for Peace, Costa Rica) (2016)
Admitted with scholarship to the International Arbitration Scholars programme, Georgetown University Law Centre, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
English (native), Filipino (Tagalog and Bisaya), Spanish (basic)